The members of the African Research League have reviewed and scored all 22 submitted proposals.
Based on the scores, the League has selected the proposals from the following candidates for immediate funding:
- Ihudiebube Splendor, CN
Project Title: Effects of Two Educational Models on knowledge and practice of exclusive breastfeeding among
rural and urban primiparous mothers in Enugu State, Nigeria.
- Ehwarieme Timothy
Project Title: Knowledge and use of Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) in neurological assessment of patients among
nurses in University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
- Akaniro Nneoma Emmanuela
Project Title: Impact of lead-zinc mining on the phytotherapeutic profile and occurrence of oxidative stress in
selected medicinal plants in Enyigba Community – Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
- Okoh Augustine Chukwuebuka
Project Title: Comparative Efficacy of Resistance Training Exercises on Building of Gluteal Muscles: A
Randomized Controlled Trial
- Onyekwelu Kenechukwu C.
Project Title: Molecular identification and characterization of different species of Trypanosome in Tse-tse fly and
Sodalis Glossinidius prevalence.
* Because this project is almost nearing completion, the League will fund this proposal at 50% of the full award to
help the applicant complete the project and publish the findings.
The League would like to thank all the applicants who participated in this cycle. We also wish to thank the Provost, Prof.
Onwasigwe; along with Prof. Anyaehie, Dr. Uwaezuoke, Prof. Onwubere, and all the individuals who made this request-
for-application cycle a success.
- Dr. Tony Udekwe, the League’s treasurer, will work with the UNN authorities to ensure that funds are made
available as stipulated in the MOU.
- Dr. Ed Nwanegbo, the League’s Director of Research Operations, will monitor research activities in concert with
UNN authorities to ensure that milestones are met, and that interim reports are received at the appropriate time
as stipulated in the MOU.
- The League will provide additional financial bonus to authors for publications from this and previously
We will announce the Request for Applications for the 2017 cycle in August of this year.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Benjamin U. Nwosu, MD, FAAP.